Friday, September 7, 2007

FRIDAY 9/7

IC101:
Today: We tied up some loose ends that we did not get a chance to do last class. If you need another school planner you should be able to get one at Academic Services or the bookstore. If you did not return your syllabus receipt, you need to do so on Monday. Add/Drop period ends Tuesday 9/11. If you need to add/drop a course please do so before then. Hopefully my Introduction Presentation showed you what I will be looking for next week. Let me know if you have questions. I hope to see you all on the Monadnock Climb tomorrow. Buses leave at 11:00am from Peterson Hall.
Homework:
1) Finish biggest fear/concern about college discussion on Monday.
2) Bring show & tell item on Monday.
3) Introduction Presentations start Wednesday.
4) Goals/Expectations Essay is due Monday 9/17.
5) Think about and talk with Dan suggestions for Civic Engagement Project.

IC212:
Today: Sorry you had to listen to me rant & rave, but get use to it because you will have to listen to me do it a lot throughout the semester. Hopefully I cleared up any questions about your semester projects/papers, and about myself & NJ. Just remember that shoes are good just not Reeboks, and there is no such thing as "what exit." First days are always hectic and I alway feel like I move too fast through the syllabus so that is why I spent some more time today on it. We started to have a good conversation about companies/ceo's that you think are "great." We will continue this discussion on Monday. I hope to see you on the Monadnock Climb tomorrow.
Homework:
1) Read Drucker Chapters 1 & 2 for Monday.
2) For discussion on Monday think about the following: "What defines a great company?"
3) Think about what topic you would like to research this semester.
4) Think about how we should divide up groups for the group presentation.

No comments: